Student Accident Insurance

Student accident insurance is a way to protect your family from certain unexpected medical and dental expenses.

For as little as $17 per year, student accident insurance can help cover bills for injuries.

What you need to know as a parent about Accident Insurance

Accidents can and do happen! Each year, many families spend thousands of dollars when their children are injured at school, on field trips, while participating in non-school activities, or at home. Our School Board does not provide accident insurance coverage for student injuries that occur on school property or during school activities, including extracurricular sports. If a student is injured, parent(s)/guardian(s) are responsible for any costs not covered by their Government Health Insurance Plan or their employer’s health care plan.

Most accident-related expenses are not fully covered under any health plans and expenses like ambulance fees, casts, crutches, physiotherapy and emergency dental care may not be covered at all. This leaves the parent/guardian financially responsible for these unexpected and usually hefty expenses. Please check with your provider regarding your coverage.

To help protect your family, it is recommended that you consider obtaining student accident insurance, which provides coverage for the types of costs shown above. Participation is voluntary but is highly recommended. The costs are paid by the parent/guardian. Insurance is available for students up to age 26.

Insure my Kids and StudyInsured are programs offering a variety of student insurance plans at reasonable annual prices. Plans can be purchased at Insure my Kids (1-800-463-5437) and StudyInsured (1-833-560-0527). Visit the websites for more information about insurance options and family rates.

Please take the time to consider this important insurance.